July 16, 2007

mostly ranting

Rants:

1. There is no such place as "israelpalestine." I don't know if any of you have ever encountered this, but people keep wanting to talk to me about israelpalestine. and there just is no such place. there is a place called Palestine. there is an imperialist apartheid state currently known as Israel, referred to often as "48." The place I went to over the winter is called Palestine. I did not go to israelpalestine and i did not go to Israel either.

2. As my mother put well, I think, "you can't really be colorblind after the age of like, 8." I love my mom, she's awesome. What I do not love is 4 hour long conversations with friends which start out as discussions about hip hop and turn into discussions about language and dialect, where the person saying racist things in these discussions says "But I'm not racist, this isn't about race, I don't even see race, I'm colorblind." And telling a story about how you were once the only white person in a group of four and you told all the people of color not to tell racist jokes about each other so they could all get along better really does not make you a good person. Sorry.

Ok enough rants for now. More to follow soon, I'm (unfortunately) sure.

Now I feel a little better because I'm in Brooklyn with Sarah! We're subletting a place for a few days. The place is in Bushwick, which I've decided is a neighborhood I really like. There are a lot of families and I guess I like that. It makes the city feel cozier.

Oh and two things I love about BK:
1. drinking on fire escapes
2. apartments with rooftop access

going to check out a place in bushwick today...still waiting to hear back from a job interview...i'll post the details of the job if i get it.

how do i end blogs? i am never sure.

No comments: